Recap of Choreography
In previous blogs, I have spoken about choreography but didn’t focus on the keywords and set up a formula for leaders who wants to create a dance piece.
The definition of choreography is; the art and practice of choreographic sequence. The definition of the source; is someone or something that provides what is needed (i.e a source of strength).
The Formula to Create a Master Piece
The combination of choreography and a source is: find something that motivates or inspires you to communicate an emotional and physical expression. The type of sources you can use to trigger a response is:
- Images (photos, magazines, books etc)
- Music (live instruments, a recording of a favorite artist, band etc)
- Sound (sounds of nature, noise from the city, country etc)
- Words ( poetry, sermon, lines from a movie)
Challenge of the Day
- Find any type of image to create movement.
- Discuss why you choose this image.
- Can you relate this image to praise dance?
- Create 8 to 16 movements without using music or any type of sound. Create movement by looking at the picture.
Watch the video:
To engage in this daily challenge Join me at 7pm live on periscope @ tobpraisedance for the 30 Day Praise Dance Leader Challenge.
To join my email list and receive a free praise dance workbook click this: link: https://forms.aweber.com/form/16/1469737516.htm