We admire the leader for their hard works and efforts toward the ministry.
We appreciate the spiritually and physically labor to nurture the team.
We can create all types of colorful metaphors for our leaders like “the Gardener” or “the Potter” but who tends to our needs?
What happens to the leader whose depleted emotionally and physically and just needs a mental day?
Here are 5 ways to nurture yourself on a daily basis.
- You are what you Eat.
Because society demands us to constantly be on the run that leaves very little time to cook or prepare a nutritious meal that will supply us with the energy that we need. Be mindful and began to swap junk for nutrition. Do the following:
- Instead of soda and sugary fruit drinks; make your own water that’s fused with fresh fruits (lemons, cucumbers, lime, strawberries, apples etc).
- Instead of chips and cookies; eat fruits, vegetables, granola and nuts from a farmers market.
- Instead of fast foods; eat foods that are nutritious. If you don’t have the time to cook at home and you’re always on the go then order smart. Instead of French fries, order a baked potato without the cheese, bacon and sour cream. Add a little butter, salt and pepper. Swap the bacon, double cheeseburger for a salad filled with vegetables and leafy greens. Do a light salad dressing that contains less salt and sugar.
- Give Yourself a Hand
If we’re always completing the checklist, tracking goals and accomplishing agendas then we create an imbalance and start to resent the labor we put out. Stop, Notice and Celebrate what you’ve accomplished during those couple of hours of rehearsal. Here are some ways you can do that:
- Acknowledge what you did during the rehearsal and pat yourself on the back for getting it done
- Have group discussion with your team and asked if they learned anything during the rehearsal
- Do a monthly survey and get feedback from your team
- “Do You”
Take a day for yourself throughout the week and indulge in your desires. Turn off the cell phone, computers and just go out and have fun. This is the time to be selfish and do whatever you want to do! For example;
- Have a girls or guys night
- Go out to dinner with friends
- Go to the movies,
- have a cheat day (eat a pizza or ice cream Sunday,)
- Have a spa day
- Go out for a weekend retreat
- Binge watch your t.v. show or movies for the day
- Download your favorite album and play as many times as you want to
- Dance, Laugh and Love life without the choreography
- Get involved in an activity that makes you happy (spin class, yoga, kickboxing, salsa lessons, painting, sculpting, rock climbing etc)
- Make “Room for You”
No matter your living conditions or status, create your own “in home” retreat! This is your sacred place where it’s just you and your thoughts. This is your time to get away and just breathe! Schedule out time to detox from noise and electronics. No matter how big or small you can do the following:
- Decorate your space with an aromatherapy diffuser or candles
- Create your space with throw pillows and favorite music to listen to
- Make your favorite cup of tea or something that will cause you to rest heavily at night
- Invest in blanket and foot or back massage
- Whatever you need to help you escape your reality for an hour or more then do it!
- Read or Do an Audio Book
When was the last time you turned off the t.v, stop checking email, posting on social media and sat down and actually read or listen to an audio book? When was the last time you fed your mind with a self-help, do it yourself, sports, comic or inspirational reading that calms the mind? Stop by a library, bookstore or Barnes and Nobles and buy a book. Find a quite place and just read, read, read!
To join my email list and receive a free praise dance workbook click this: link: https://forms.aweber.com/form/16/1469737516.htm